SUSPENSE/THRILLER ACTION APOCALYPTIC ADVENTURE MYSTERY
BAD BOYS, 6 UNDERGROUND, JACK REACHER
• JACKSON LAPOINTE: 30-40M, ROUGH-AND-TUMBLE DO-GOODER AND EX-ARMY RANGER
• SKYE: 30SF, JACKSON'S WIFE, INTELLIGENT, EMOTIONAL, COMPETENT
• QUAN: 30SM, JACKSON'S FRIEND, MUSCULAR, SUAVE, ACTION-READY, CARING
• EMILY: 30SF, SKYE'S COLLEGE FRIEND, ALTRUISTIC, EMOTIONAL, STRONG-WILLED, HAPPY
The Spychip protocol will begin on July 4. Our Independence Day … The outcome: WORLD DOMINATION.” When Jackson LaPointe’s best friend stumbles upon a document he was never meant to find, Jackson and his entire family get dragged “into the middle of a deadly worldwide conspiracy.
Target Gender: Male Leaning,Universal
The setting includes northern New England, Vieques, Washington, D.C., northern California, and the Alaskan coast.
Based on a True Story
Status: Yes: self-published
Year Published: 2020
Jackson LaPointe receives a cryptic voicemail from his best friend, DaQuan Nelson that something is wrong and someone could be after him. Quan's message leaves a clue to a hidden USB drive that plunges the two friends into a heart-racing and dangerous journey to save the world.
NOW, the Newly Ordered World, is likely destroyed with Jackson and Quan's assistance. The friends travel to a remote mountain region in northern New England and save Jackson's daughter who was kidnapped by a NOW operative.
Information not completed
Hard Copy Available
Information not completed
Mature Audience Themes
Plot - Other Elements
Meaningful Message,Philosophical Questions
Plot - Premise
Main Character Details
Name: Jackson LaPointe
Age: late 30's
Key Traits: Masculine,Patriotic,Complex,Honorable,Funny,Selfless,Heroic,Confident
Additional Character Details
Name: Daquan Nelson
Age: early-mid 30s
Key Traits: Modest,Complex,Empathetic,Engaging,Heartthrob,Educated,Sarcastic,Obedient,Naive
Additional Character Details
Name: Skye LaPointe
Key Traits: Sexy,Outspoken,Romantic,Engaging,Decisive,Confident,Charming,Educated
Additional Character Details
Name: Emily Stannard
Key Traits: Underdog,Modest,Obedient,Sexy,Selfless,Secretive,Insecure,Educated,Gracious,Empathetic,Complex
"Spychip Armageddon' is an fast-action thriller ripped directly from today's headlines. The plot involves a lot of B characters that add a nice dynamic to the "buddy-cop/action" premise. It is a male-centric movie that will bring the male demographic mostly, but the use of strong female supporting characters will round the movie out in a way that something like James Bond traditionally lacks. There is a strong sense of family and justice that lead to a wholesome conclusion, and there are attempts to paint the federal government as forces of good that don't always make their way into traditional action plots. For film, this feels like a 2-hour plus action adventure. The buddy cop feel is heightened with some ex-military background that makes for an archetypal summer action film. There is some nuance added with the inclusion of the wife/daughter as acting B characters as well as the friend Emily and CIA agents introductions later in the narrative. There are lots of small momentum boosters when new characters enter the story that make this plot complex enough to pad out the 2-hour film slot without being too complicated for the average movie-goer.
ACTION, SUSPENSE, THRILLER, DRAMA, POLITICS, COMEDY
A young public servant in rural Vermont, Jackson LaPointe, accidentally receives a top secret email detailing plans to take over the world financial markets. It's a race against time as the authors of the email try and destroy both the email and Jackson before their diabolical plans are laid bare.
Authors Writing Style: GOOD
Franchise Potential: GOOD
Accuracy of Book Profile
Yes, it does depict the book properly.
Draw of Story
The action starts on the first page so it gets you hooked immediately.
No - it moved along nicely.
Use of Special Effects
THE STORY RELIES A LITTLE BIT ON SPECIAL EFFECTS
Primary Hook of Story
Find out if an ex special forces soldier and rural vermont wildlife agent can prevent a secret cabal from hijacking the world financial system
This is an easy adaptation into an action movie; a Jason Statham type of film. The action base would enjoy this.
No. Not that kind of film.
Similar Films/TV Series
7 DAYS OF THE CONDOR, THE BOURNE IDENTITY, THE TRANSPORTER
What’s New About the Story
I think the idea of a rural Vermonter outsmarting and outplaying an international cabal through action has legs. A little more dialogue could help.
The fact that they are ordinary people excelling in extraordinary circumstances is compelling.
Uniqueness of Story
This is a serviceable action flick story with an interesting take on the hero - a rural wildlife officer. A little more dialogue would help.
Film - Studio
This has all the elements of a good action film. It could become a franchise if done right because the heroes are interesting. However, it isn't already an international bestseller like the Bourne books were so it doesn't have a built in audience.
Ex-ranger and his friend come across a document released mistakenly by a shadowy group bent on financial world domination. The two work to expose the group, and save themselves in the process. Over a series of attempts on their lives, the two span the continental US and Puerto Rico in search of justice. With the CIA and government agents on their back, they take down the network of evil from the inside out.
What We Liked
- The plot involves a lot of B characters that add a bit more of a dynamic to the "buddy-cop/action" premise. It is a male-centric movie that will bring the male demographic mostly, but the use of strong female supporting characters will round the movie out in a way that something like James Bond traditionally lacks. There is a strong sense of family and justice that lead to a wholesome conclusion, and there are attempts to paint the federal government as forces of good that don't always make their way into traditional action plots.
- Film: For film this feels like a 2hr plus action adventure. The buddy cop feel is heightened with some ex-military background that makes for an archetypal summer action film. There is some nuance added with the inclusion of the wife/daughter as acting B characters as well as the friend Emily and CIA agents introductions later in the narrative. There are lots of small momentum boosters when new characters enter the story that make this plot complex enough to pad out the 2hr film slot without being too complicated for the average movie-goer.
- For TV this is a lot of material to work with. There are at least two major confrontations with the antagonists that could build out a first season quite nicely. The first few episodes establishing the characters and the hook with this strange secret document, and then the suspense can ramp up into these minor fights and the scenes that bring the buddy action heroes to Puerto Rico. From there the rest of the story can bleed into at least 2 if not 3 seasons without sacrificing the fast pacing. The big thing to watch for is what other engines the story has besides the antagonist attacking.
- Key points: Retribution, Family Dynamics, Strengthening Friendships, Finding Love, Action Adventure.
Jackson gets a strange call from his friend and decides to check out the situation. Upon searching his home, Jackson finds his friend has been abducted. He follows the breadcrumbs left by his friend Quan and that leads him to a man in DC.
Meanwhile a secret organization, known as NOW, has developed a plan to inject mind-controlling microchips into the US population on July 4th. A NOW agent threatens Jackson's wife who takes their daughter and head to a friend's house in the secluded Canadian woods.
Meanwhile Jackson's friend Quan is assisted in his escape from a NOW facility in Alaska, but not before he is injected with one of the mind-control tracking chips. Over the next two days the buddies meet up and head to Puerto Rico, where they end up being tracked down by NOW agents.
The men escape and make their way back to the US. Meanwhile agents have found Jackson's wife, but NOW is right on their tail. After a long escape, NOW catches up and captures Jackson's wife and daughter.
The two buddies travel to Canada to check out the scene. They meet Emily, the wife's friend, and they start tracking down the wife and daughter. Government agents assist and they break into the NOW facility housing the wife and daughter, but the NOW agents escape.
Over the next few days they plan one final attack on the NOW base in Alaska. They kill the NOW leadership and make their way to the safety of Emily's remote home.
There is a sniper attack that distracts the adults and the daughter is kidnapped by the NOW leader's former lover. She tells them to go alone to an abandoned warehouse to make the exchange, but when they get there, they watch the woman get killed by a sniper drone from a helpful government agent.
The group tries to return to normal life, but they will never forget the incidents that almost took their lives.