The Last Yard Sale

Book Cover

FAMILY MYSTERY ROMANCE COMEDY DRAMA COMEDY ROMANCE DRAMA

Contemporary

Marie LeClaire

  • -
  • Views

Logline

Four mysterious yard sale items, a doll, a music box, a photo frame and a prayer book, bring with them four psychic visions that change the lives of a lonely antiques dealer and an reclusive writer forever.

Genre

Family, Mystery, Romance, Comedy, Drama,,Comedy,Romance,Drama

Short Summary

Marybeth, a recently divorced and jaded antiques dealer, stumbles upon an extraordinary yard sale where 4 items create psychic visions. Reluctantly, she takes them home. Josh, a lonely writer, comes to town to clear out his recently deceased mother's house. Together they find their way back to life.


After a series of strange events, and a developing romance, Josh and Marybeth discover that the mysterious yard sale was hosted by his deceased mother, who has been orchestrating things from beyond the grave.

Setting

small town Pennsylvania, but can be anywhere.

Based on a True Story

No

Plot - Premise

Internal Journey/Rebirth

Plot - Other Elements

Coming of Age, Meaningful Message, Happy Ending, Philosophical Questions, Twist,,Meaningful Message,Twist,Happy Ending

Mature Audience Themes

Information not completed

Main Character Details

Name: Marybeth Collette

Age: 38

Gender: Female

Role: Antagonist

Key Traits: Sarcastic, Unapologetic, Complex, Educated, Extraordinary Powers and Abilities, Engaging, Lone Wolf,Lone Wolf,Unapologetic,Confident

Additional Character Details

Name: Josh Anderson

Age: 46

Gender: Male

Role: Antagonist

Key Traits: Charming, Clumsy, Empathetic, Extraordinary Powers and Abilities, Lone Wolf, Educated,Lone Wolf,Underdog

Additional Character Details

Name: Angie DeGato, assistant in Marybeths resale shop

Age: 28

Gender: Female

Role: emotional

Key Traits: Funny, Outspoken, Romantic, Blunt, Adventurous, Aggressive,Adventurous,Confident,Unapologetic

Additional Character Details

Name: Regina, estranged sister of Marybeth

Age: 36

Gender: Female

Role: Emotional

Key Traits: Blunt, Confident, Educated, Empathetic, Outspoken

Development Pitch

First of all, my story (5 stars on Amazon) is budget friendly. It has a small cast, is located in any small town America, present day, and appeals to a wide demographic range. It also rolls nicely from a movie to a TV series able to explore all current social issues and include all racial, gender and ethnic demographics. It's ordinary life with a little bit of the unusual. The main characters, Marybeth, 38, and Josh, 46, are trying to navigate a life they didn't expect. It appeals to the 25-49 age range, making up 41% of movie goers. The story goes back two generations, covering the Vietnam and WWII, picking up the 50 and over patrons, another 36%, for a total of 77%. It's not a story about war. It's about three different eras in US history - how they are similar and how they differ. It's a story about social issues that touch all of us - PTSD, domestic abuse, suicide, infertility, marriage and divorce, multi-generational tension, veteran's issues - and still has a happy ending. A male author in one of my writing groups read the book, commenting that at first he thought it was going to be "another chick lit" but was pleasantly surprised to be pulled into the story after only a few pages. It's a universal story of misunderstanding to understanding, of being stuck to letting go, and of loneliness to love. Note: Stats are from MPAA 2017. The fastest growing dem. is 50+ women. I've written a script that has been covered and attached to this listing.

About The Author

Target Audiences

Age: 18-34,35-54,55+

Target Gender: Universal,Female Leaning

Group Specific

Information not completed

Publishing Details

Status: Yes: self-published

Publisher: Marie Ginga

Year Published: 2018

Hard Copy Available

Yes

ISBN

Information not completed