Vacío en el nido
SUSPENSE/THRILLER ACTION YOUNG ADULT DETECTIVE DRAMA MYSTERY ROMANCE
THE HARDSHIPS OF ADOLESCENCE AND THE EFFECTS OF BULLYING ON A PERSON'S LIFE. ALSO, THE IMPORTANCE OF NOT JUDGING PEOPLE BY THEIR APPEARANCE.
THE FILM ""GONE BABY GONE"", WHICH ALSO DEALS WITH THE INVESTIGATION OF THE CIRCUMSTANCES SURROUNDING THE DISAPPEARANCE OF A YOUNG GIRL. ""GONE GIRL"" IS ANOTHER MOVIE WITH A COMPARABLE PLOT, EVEN THOUGH THIS ONE HAS A MAJOR PLOT TWIST CONCERNING THE CRIME. ""SEARCHING"" IS A MOVIE IN WHICH A FATHER SEEKS FOR HIS TEENAGE DAUGHTER WHILE MYSTERIES START TO UNFOLD.
• ALEXIA: 17. LEAD. EMPATHETIC, INSECURE, DREAMER, DILIGENT, BRAVE.
• SANTI: 21. ALEXIA’S BROTHER, ACTIVE IN THE INVESTIGATION. COMMITTED, FAITHFUL, AMBITIOUS.
• HUGO: 17. FRIEND/LOVE INTEREST, EVENTUAL SUSPECT OF HER ABDUCTION. HARDWORKING, MYSTERIOUS, BRAVE.
• NOA: 17. FRIEND/LOVE INTEREST, FORMS A LOVE TRIANGLE WITH ALEXIA AND HUGO. BADASS, SEDUCTIVE, DETERMINED, RULE BREAKER.
• MARCOS: 17. LOVE INTEREST/ANTAGONIST. BULLY, MALE CHAUVINIST, LEADER, AGGRESSIVE.
• JUDITH: 17. THE ANTAGONIST. SELFISH, BULLY, ENVIOUS, AGGRESSIVE.
Alexia is a teenager who has a musical talent and she must moved in from the capital to a coastal village, Agripa, by family reasons. There, her life becames a nighmare until she dissapears. The secrets of the village and their citizens complicate find her.
Target Gender: Universal
Based on a True Story
Status: Yes: self-published
Year Published: 2019
The storie begin when the Alexia's parents discover that she is disappeared. From there, the plot is narraded from the past (the storie from the Alexia's point of viuw) and the present (Alexia's brother's investigation to find out what happened to her)
Alexia's brother manages to find her with the help of his best friends and his girlfriend (I won't say if she is alive or dead). There will be a lot of action in the end. All of the storie narrates a subplot about a woman who missing nine years ago.
Information not completed
Hard Copy Available
Mature Audience Themes
Information not completed
Plot - Other Elements
Plot - Premise
Main Character Details
Key Traits: Empathetic,Insecure,Romantic,Educated,Modest,Engaging,Naive,Underdog
Additional Character Details
Key Traits: Desperate,Greedy,Educated,Heroic,Skillful,Flexible,Faithful,Decisive
Additional Character Details
Key Traits: Sexy,Crazy,Badass,Funny,Sarcastic,Seductive,Complex,Leader,Strong Moral Code,Decisive
Additional Character Details
Key Traits: Badass,Aggressive,Masculine,Complex,Engaging,Secretive
The novel has a youth tone. There are many characters which to feel identified who you could love or hate. It is a storie narrated from the past and the present so I think It has a good hook. There are a subplot of the other woman missing which allow to continue the storie. The storie fights to values like: defending victims of the bullying, LGTB visibility, the power of the family or friends and the feminism. It is a novel that is captivating the public that reads it.
SUSPENSE, ROMANCE, LGBT, DRAMA
A girl moves to a small town with her parents. She creates bonds and ends up getting involved in intrigues with her new colleagues from school. One day, she disappears and her brother takes on the task of investigating her whereabouts. In the end, she is found alive and a colleague is found responsible for her abduction, but her boyfriend is implicated in another case of murder.
Authors Writing Style: GOOD
Franchise Potential: GOOD
Accuracy of Book Profile
Yes, it does reflect the book.
Draw of Story
All the mystery involving a normal young girl disappearing out of thin air.
If something, the fact that some developments of the story sometimes take too long to happen, and the large amount of characters presented, some of them dispensable to the main narrative.
Use of Special Effects
THE STORY DOES NOT RELY ON SPECIAL EFFECTS
Primary Hook of Story
It is a mystery that presents us gradually with small pieces of the puzzle, which ultimately helps us understand the whole picture and the crime that was committed.
Yes, possibly, especially of young adults.
It depends, mostly awards concerning young and mystery fiction.
Similar Films/TV Series
THE SPANISH TV SHOW ELITE, WHICH IS ALSO ABOUT A MYSTERY IN A HIGH-SCHOOL SET, AND THE MOVIE GONE GIRL, ABOUT A WOMAN WHO DISAPPEARED WITH NO APPARENT REASON.
What’s New About the Story
The fact that it blends teenage drama with the tropes of a police thriller, which might attract different audiences. Maybe some more drama and adventure could make it even more unique, even though the story is already good and well-developed.
The fact that they are complex teenagers and imperfect people, capable of hating, falling in love, making mistakes, and acting in a terrible manner, even though most of them are not essentially malicious or evil.
Uniqueness of Story
It is not a rare gem, but it is a very fresh story, if not completely devoid of clichés. It could be improved by a bigger investment in action and by further exploring the scars left by some of the terrible events endured by the protagonist and the people around her.
Film - Indie, TV Series - Cable, TV Series - Streaming
Because it is a story with a lot of potential, some very good characters, and a well-developed structure. It also deals in a good manner with delicate themes such as homophobia, bullying, and kidnapping, among others. Even though it touches on some very adult subjects, it could be adapted for teens, since the relationships established by the protagonist, who is still a teenager, would probably have a bigger appeal with this age group. One of the possible issues is the fact that the story is told in two points of view, that exist in different timelines. Alexia's point of view turns out to be more interesting than her brother's, since she is the main protagonist and all the plot develops around her experiences. It would be recommendable that an adaptation would put more focus on her, while her brother lacks some further development on his personal story for the production to be more balanced between the two characters.
A teenage girl moves to a small village, sees her life gradually turn into a nightmare, and mysteriously disappears. Her brother starts an intense investigation to find her, while he discovers secrets and mysteries of the locals.
What We Liked
- The story has many points that stand out. It’s a narrative about the hardships of adolescence, how hard it can be to grow up and to be yourself in a world where people will judge you by your social class, your sexual preference or your appearance. It presents bullying in a very organic way, it talks about the way different people face problems, how people connect with others and get support from them. The audience can easily engage with all these characteristic features of adolescence. It’s also a story that inspires hope, since her brother never gives up on finding her. The protagonist is also interesting because she is a girl who looks like many other girls we may know, which makes the story more engaging.
- It could be turned into a film by cutting some of the subplots of the story to highlight the main one. If the film focuses on the investigation, and gradually reveals Alexia's backstory through her brother's discoveries, the narrative could become a very suspenseful thriller.
- This story could be a very good and eventful adaptation for TV, since it has enough content to fill many episodes. It's an appealing story for young audiences. It also has engaging characters that would make people follow them. It has two different points of view, which can be a very interesting way of telling a story.
- Key points: It has a set of many relatable, credible characters; It is a whodunit with a surprising ending and constant twists that maintain the suspense and the tension; It can be appealing to young audiences as well as adults; The narrative is engaging and told through two points of view; It ends with a cliffhanger that leaves space for a sequel.
The book narrates the story of Alexia Cobos, a teenage girl who loves music and sports, and must move out with her parents from a big city to the small village of Agripa. The narrative is told by her and her brother’s points of view, in different moments in time. With her, we get to know more about her attempts to adapt to a new life, while Santi, her brother, later investigates her mysterious disappearance.
Alexia falls in love with Marcos, the ex-boyfriend of her friend Valentina. She starts having problems with her new group of friends because of that. She realizes that her friends, and even Marcos, are not good people and starts being bullied by them.
Marcos humiliates her after she breaks up with him, and the video of the occurrence is released to the whole school. However, she finds new friends in Noa, a carefree young girl, and Hugo, the owner of the bar she works at, who are both in love with her. She eventually plays at the bar with her old band, ends up kissing Noa and is later harassed by Jacobo, a colleague from school. The next day, she is beaten up by colleagues who believe she tried to seduce Jacobo, Lina’s boyfriend. After recovering from her wounds, she bonds with Hugo, but ends up disappearing after receiving a message.
Santi, who has remained distant from his family, arrives in Agripa to investigate his sister’s disappearance. At first, he suspects everyone, but ends up trusting Hugo and Noa to eventually help him in the investigation. He finds out Alexia had been receiving threatening messages by someone code named “The Ferocious Wolf”. The police find some clothes, Alexia’s blood and even a body, which Santi realizes is not his sister’s.
Santi suspects that Marcos and Hugo are involved in the crime. However, he finds out Hugo’s printer is not the same used for the menacing notes. Another possible clue is the video posted about Alexia's humiliation by Marcos, which Marco himself and Valentina deny having spread. Thanks to a friend of Santi's girlfriend, he is able to trace the person responsible for posting the video: Judith, a friend and former lover of Noa's.
Judith imprisons Noa after the girl finds Alexia's guitar in her home. Santi and Hugo arrive at the place, and Judith confesses she abducted Alexia and drowned her at the sea because she was jealous of her relationship with Noa. Noa knocks Judith out, and Santi goes to the harbor. He finds his sister in a cove, weak, but still alive.